Adding the important details that give a room its particular character is the most rewarding part of decorating. One of the most striking ways of doing this is by creating wall displays that reflect your own interests, your decorative taste and ultimately tie the whole room together.
Anything can be used to brighten up your walls. Old quilts, beautiful pieces of fabric, old oriental or ethnic robes and needlework rugs all make wonderful wall displays. Heavier pieces can be hung from brass curtain rails; lighter or more precious fabrics can be framed behind glass.
Posters and paintings can be hung by subject or color or used over an entire wall like wallpaper. Other collections such as hats, old samplers, antique kitchenware can be hung, ineffective groups. and do not forget about unframed black-and-white prints , stuck directly on to the wall.
Use of Rug as a wall art
Quilts, rugs or blanket, of all shapes, sizes, and patterns, can be used to add warmth to a room. They can also be used to cover up a less-than-perfect surface.
Framed a grouping of old plates
Black and white striped paper makes a strikingly effective background for a carefully arranged collection of old baskets set, old crockery items. It contrasts pleasingly with a set of plates on a black lacquer stand.
KEEP IT POSTED
A simple letter –rack can be made from board, ribbon and drawing pins. Here, boards have been hinged together to make a screen.
SHOW IT OFF !
Don’t hide old collections in drawers and cupboards – put them out on display. Here an impressive collection of treen is full of character.
Points need to be remembered while creating wall art
- Hang a large painting or large block of smaller pictures over a large piece of furniture such as a sofa.
- Do not hang anything too heavy over a smallish piece.
- Always think in terms of balance: a large painting balanced with a block of smaller paintings, drawings or prints of much the same size.
- Do not hang pictures too high or too far apart, so low over sofas or armchairs placed against walls that people or furniture will knock against them.
- Small pictures are best hung in groups, you should decide on the overall shape of the arrangement beforehand and measure out distances carefully on the wall with a light pencil or chalk.
This post is very useful for those who are looking Eco friendly solution for the decoration of their home at the time of lockdown also.
This post is full of Unique Diwali Decoration Ideas for my home. Due to this i can do it by myself without investing any money.