Fitted kitchen can be expensive and time-consuming to replace. so think about giving yours a facelift instead. If you’re not thinking totally change of your kitchen design, we’ve got some easy ways to update your kitchen without wasting too much amount.. Each idea is seriously easy and inexpensive. you can pick and choose from this list and your kitchen will be more specious and up-to-date in within less time. Space shastra architects provides interior designing services in Faridabad under one roof.
CONVERT OLD FURNITURE IN TO NEW WITH ADDITION OF SMALL THINGS
- Chests of drawers, cupboards, shelves, pine cabinets and the lower half of old dressers make wonderful kitchen storage -topped with butchers’ block, Formica, ceramic tiles and even marble .
- Try creating a frieze of odd tiles – a good way to create a stunning feature for comparatively little money Or paste contact paper on to existing! plain tiles and then finish them off with a couple of coats of polyurethane, or you could simply paint existing tiles with gloss paint, giving them an undercoat of metal primer .
Color Zone- KITCEN BRIGHT COLOURS
- White paint reflects light and gives a clean, fresh look to the dreariest of kitchens. Use this as a background and personalize it by displaying collections of favorite china, or adding beautifully worn pieces of kitchen furniture.
- For a brighter, crisper look use yellow, blue or green combined with white. Lighter colours are good choices for walls and work surfaces as any dirt will show immediately and can be wiped away.
- Stenciled borders around the door and window frames are a quick way of livening a dull kitchen. Alternatively, add a paper frieze to enliven your existing decorative scheme.
- Use a paper backed vinyl, a vinyl-impregnated fabric paper, or a PVC wall covering which are all easy to keep clean. Alternatively, give ordinary wallpaper a coat of eggshell or gloss polyurethane to make it more durable and long lasting.
To supplement good central lighting, most kitchens need to have a variety of localized lighting over specific areas
Down lighters, spotlights or hanging industrial bulbs need to be carefully sited over worktops so that you are never working in your own shadow. Spotlights mounted on tracks so that you can alter their position are very flexible
Some quick tips
- HANGING BASKETS- FOR FRUITS / VEG – EASY TO USE
- A hanging wire basket can be used to store all manner of items. The supports must be secured to a joist; the basket should hang over a work surface so that you can’t bump your head on it. This type of feature would suit a more modern kitchen, but you could use baskets in a country kitchen.
- HANGING GLASS RACKS – LOOKS AWESOME
- An ingenious rack for glasses has been suspended from the ceiling in this kitchen-diner. The rack provides not only additional storage space but also serves as a break between the kitchen and dining area. A similar device could be used for bottles, perhaps with cordials inside for a colorful effect. This type of hanging storage, however, must be fixed to a joist which can carry the full weight.
- SSA Provides interior designing services in Faridabad.